When you start to follow a Paleo lifestyle it becomes incredibly hard to find places to eat and often places to stay. Here at Primal Eye we are compiling a list of Paleo friendly resources just for our readers.
Places to Eat
- Pure Taste Restaurant – Pure Taste is London’s 1st Paleo Restaurant. The menu is full of amazing dishes and they offer their guests AIP, SCD/GAPS, low FODMAP, Whole 30 and even Vegan compliant dishes. The dishes are plated up with precision detail and flair all at a very reasonable price.
- Paleo Restaurant – Paleo Restaurant is a great Paleo place to eat out and is suitable for the whole family. They offer wholesome and hearty meals at a fair price and use only ethical and natural ingredients in their dishes. There are a couple of dishes with non-Paleo options and if you still include dairy in your diet you can pick up a cup of Bulletproof coffee!
- Wagamama – Wagamama is a Japanese fusion restaurant that cooks only with fresh ingredients and has some amazing fresh juices. It offers a few grain free options but they are limited. The staff however are always very helpful and if you explain to your waiter your dietary requirements they often try and cater to them to the best of their ability. Wagamama offers take-away for collection only but they do have a great app and a very speedy and efficient service.
- Nandos – Nandos is a mainstream family restaurant that serves up Portuguese style dishes. You can pick up some delicious flame-grilled chicken however it isn’t organic or pastured. They offer sweet potato wedges which are gluten free but not dairy free. Their sweet potato mash however is both gluten and dairy free. They offer take-away for collection only, you can order online and filter by dietary requirement or alternatively you can phone your local Nandos direct.
- Gourmet Burger Kitchen – GBK offers both a gluten free and allergen menu to look through. Their burger buns are gluten and grain free but contain soya. You can however order a bunless burger and add a green salad instead. They offer take-away for collection only and have an app you can use to order.
- Handmade Burger Co. – Handmade Burger Co. are another burger joint that offers an allergen menu and plenty of bunless options.
- Pret a Manger – Pret offer some great fresh salads, hard boiled eggs, fruit pots, green juices, fresh fruit, nuts, seeds and organic coffee. It can be a little pricey for a lunch out but there will be plenty to choose from. Again Pret offer an Allergen Guide to look through on their site but be aware that a lot of their foods can contain high amounts of salt. Always look online at the nutritional information before placing an order. You can order online for collection or if you live locally Pret will deliver to your door, this is great for lunch breaks!
- Marks & Spencer – M&S offer a few salads, fruit pots and nuts and seeds you can pick up for a similar price to Pret. You can however buy yourself some smoked salmon, and a few meats and make up your own ad hoc salad. Great if you’re in a rush and need some sustenance.
- Kobe – Kobe are a Leeds based restaurant that offer a few Paleo friendly options including a ‘CrossFit’ burger. Great if you’re in the area.
UK Paleo Resorts/Retreats
- Primal Retreat – Primal Retreat are a Paleo fitness retreat based in Woodbridge, Suffolk. They run weekend, 5 and 7 day fitness retreats that will have you swinging kettlebells, doing circuit training and of course eating some great Paleo food.
- Cornwall Paleo Yoga Retreat – A fantastic venture due to launch it’s first ever Paleo yoga retreat; you can expect 3-7 night stays with amazing food, detox juices, meditation, luxury on site treatments and of course yoga.
Online Shopping & Resources
- Perfectly Paleo – Perfectly Paleo is your one-stop Paleo shop. It really does sell all of the essentials and hard to get cupboard items. Definitely a favourite of Primal Eye.
- Vivo Life – Vivo Life stock all sorts of Paleo products including supplements for Paleo athletes, kombucha, nut butters, superfoods and Paleo friendly treats.
- Ocado – Ocado is probably the most efficient online supermarket. They offer delivery slots from early in the morning until late at night and a whole host of Paleo friendly options including flour substitutes, superfoods, and even raw butter and honey.
- Primal Meats – Primal Meats offers 100% grass-fed and organic meat boxes delivered straight to your door.
- Abel & Cole – Abel & Cole offer plenty of fruit, vegetable, meat and fish as well as some gluten free and grain free items to stock up your cupboards.
- Riverford Farm – Riverford offer organic fruit, vegetable and meat boxes. Their cows are roughly 60% grass-fed.
- Natoora – Natoora offers a great selection of fruit and vegetable, meats and fish, and even raw butter, cheeses and honey. They source their ingredients from some of the finest places in the UK, Italy and France and the quality really does shine through.
- Soil Association – The Soil Association website has a great postal code search filter to find a vegetable box delivery scheme near you.
- Hook & Son – Hook & Son will deliver good quality raw milk, butter, and ghee straight to your door.
- Osius – Osius sells bone broth made from 100% grass-fed beef bones.
- Natural Food Finder – Natural Food Finder is a site dedicated to helping you find the best quality sources of natural food, they also colour code foods from green to red; green being the best quality and red being the ones to avoid.
- Pure Pharma – Pure Pharma sell great supplements for Paleo athletes including protein powder made from organic sprouted rice protein, dehydrated coconut water, and bioactive collagen.
- Raw Ecstasy – Raw Ecstasy offer just that; raw activated nuts and stoneground spreads that will send you to heaven.
- FullFatFoods – FullFatFoods is a Liverpool based bakery that offers a large selection of freshly handmade baked goods.
- Ayni Chocolate – Ayni Chocolate offers a huge and inventive selection of Paleo and allergen free chocolates so there really is something there for everyone!