You know those perfect little stacks of Paleo pancakes you see on Instagram? Have you ever wondered how on earth they’re made?!
I’ve used banana and eggs to fry delicious breakfast pancakes for a while now. They’re so quick and easy and taste delicious but I never quite managed to master the fluffiness. I wanted one of those little stacks of super thick, pillowy pancakes that look divine! It took me a good while to perfect the ideal formula for these mini, stackable, Paleo pancakes.
Turns out it involves just four ingredients … and a little added patience.
- 2 eggs
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour
- Coconut oil for frying
- Blitz the eggs, banana and flour together to form a smooth batter.
- Heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a heavy base frying pan over a medium heat.
- Using a tablespoon, drop a spoonful of batter into the centre of the pan, it will start cooking immediately in the hot oil.
- Once the bottom of the pancake is firm, gently slide a fish slice underneath it and carefully flip the pancake over to cook the other side.
- Repeat the process until you’ve finished the batter. You should get about 10 mini pancakes out of it.
- The sweet flavours of the banana and almond flour ensure you won’t require any added sweetness. I like to add fresh berries and a sprinkling of almond flakes.