Here I am going to review Chi’s 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water – the UK’s first and only organic and raw product on the market using innovative technology to bring you a truly “fresh” product. Chi was set up by London based writer, director and entrepreneur Jonathan Newman after a trip to Thailand back in 2004 where he discovered coconut water.
Chi uses High Pressure Pasteurisation (HPP) to ensure the water is 100% pure with no nutritional or sensory loss whatsoever.
Taking organic raw young Nam-Hom coconuts from Thailand in their natural state, Chi uses High Pressure Pasteurisation (HPP) to ensure the water is 100% pure with no nutritional or sensory loss whatsoever. By not tampering with nature, Chi 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water is a healthier coconut water as the product is unprocessed, unheated and organic. Chi never mixes the ages or varieties of coconuts meaning Chi 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water is the purest coconut water on the market today.
10 benefits to Chi 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water:
- The natural sweetness from the Nam-Hom coconuts means Chi 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water is the perfect daily hydration drink.
- Chi’s coconut water is packed full of potassium and electrolyte minerals and is a great way to hydrate the body after a work out.
- As an unpasteurised drink, there is no nutritional or taste loss.
- Chi coconut water contains no preservatives, artificial flavours or GM ingredients. It is also BPA free and kosher.
- It is composed of naturally occurring bioactive enzymes that help to aid digestion and a healthy metabolism.
- Low in carbohydrate, sugars and calories, Chi Coconut Water is fat free and can help with slimming.
- Packed with electrolytes coconut water helps hydrate the body quicker than water – similar to a sports drink but without all the added nasties.
- All Chi’s coconut waters, oils and milks are ethically sourced from coconut plantations in Thailand and Sri Lanka.
- It has a high Lauric content which can help to fight immune infections as a result of its anti-fungal and anti-viral activity.
- Coconut water is 100% sterile.
Why is the water pink?
This was the first thing I thought when I saw the bottle and the pink liquid inside. The pink colour is a natural occurrence and is due to active anti-oxidants found with coconut water. They quote on the bottle that “it’s nature’s way of blushing”.
What sizes do they come in ?
Chi 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water is available to buy in two sizes, 250ml and 500ml. For a quick drink on the go the 250ml bottle is perfect. It’s great for carrying in your sports bag / handbag. The 500ml bottle’s better for having in the fridge ready to add to smoothies / juices.
How can I use Chi 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water?
Enjoyed straight from the bottle, perfect to hydrate pre/post exercise or just on the go. I personally love to add coconut water to smoothies, juices, soups and other recipes. It adds a natural sweetness and is the ultimate thirst quencher and hydration.
Here are some great Paleo recipes that you could use Chi’s 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water in:
- Paleo With Mrs P – Layered Smoothie Pot With Berry Coulis
- Paleo Leap – Coconut Strawberry Lemonade
- Chef in You – Watermelon Breeze with Coconut Water
- The Merrymaker Sister – Paleo Coconut, Raspberry and Lime Frappe
- Paleo With Mrs P – Super Green Smoothie
- A Happy Food Dance – Blueberry Mint Coconut Water Paleo Popsicle
What is the packaging like?
The packaging is vibrant, sturdy and shouts clean living. What I really like about it is that it has all the information you could possible need on the bottle. A band of gold around the top of the bottle states that the product is 100% pure, contains no added sugar, no preservatives, never heated, not from concentrate, cold-extraction. You can also see the pink liquid inside the bottle.
Where can you buy it?
The Chi 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water is available to buy from most supermarkets and health food stores. You can purchase the full Chi range from Whole Foods, Planet Organic, Waitrose, Tesco and Asda. You can also purchase the whole range online at www.chilondon.com and www.ocado.com
How much are they?
As stated earlier, this product comes in two sizes: RRP £2.65 for 250ml and £4.99 for 500ml. Although this seems dear compared to your average isotonic, sugar and caffeine packed energy drink, it’s a 100% natural product with a list of health benefits to match. I know that I would much rather spend a little extra knowing that what I was putting in my body was pure goodness.
Refreshingly sweet and easy to drink, Chi’s latest product is sure to be a best seller as not only is it 100% pure and organic but the taste transports your straight to a tropical beach somewhere far far away. Chi are a great brand who have created something truly delicious, natural and in its purest form without any unnatural processing. However, there are some unnatural products out there by other brands claiming to be natural, so always make sure to read the label and check that your coconut water isn’t from concentrate and contains no added sugars.
For more information and for other Chi London products please visit the following:
Chi's 100% Raw Organic Coconut Water is fresh, delicious, nutrition packed and clean. Transporting you from wherever you are in the world straight to the warmth and beauty of a tranquil beach. You will savour every sip.